Sunday, March 27, 2005

Kenya

Kenya was great. It is really hard to do it justice however, without showing all the pictures from the safari. I spent just a little time in Mombasa, and it seems like a great city, one I would definitely like to spend more time in. Folks who went to Nairobi said that it was a lot of fun, so I guess next time I safari I’ll have to allot a little more time for city visits.

I went to Tsavo and Amboseli, two national parks. Our group saw 4 of the Big 5; we unfortunately missed out on the rhino eventhough Tsavo has a rhino sanctuary. Oh well. But explaining about Kenya really needs the aid of pictures, so you will all have to wait until I get home to hear about it.

At the moment we are where the Indian Ocean meets the Atlantic, and it is rough outside. Not, of course, like it was on wave day, but the waters and winds are rough. We learned that Europeans didn’t stop here for a long time, and I now understand why. I have heard such amazing things about Cape Town, and I cannot wait to get of the ship tomorrow. It is really beautiful outside though, great view of the coast.

I’ll let you all know how Cape Town was soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home